Monday, December 20, 2010

Interesting

When I was 14 I was not doing anything brave such as this. White water rafting was probably the most extreme thing I ever did at that age. To go sailing solo around the world would have never crossed my mind. This Dutch chick has been lost and found a few times according to Google searches, however I haven't really been able to find any exact information. She arrived in St. Maartin just earlier this week and said that has always been her dream to sail there alone. 

Apparently she was born on a sailing trip her parents were having, and has been quoted as saying she feels as though she's in prison when she's in a house and prefers the sea because it makes her feel free in this article. Pretty cool girl! Dangerous, but cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at Columbia College as well as an ocean fanatic. Whether it is environmental issues, discoveries of new species or just general news, I have a deep compassion for the sea.